Workplace Wellness is about fostering healthy workplace choices and supportive environments, enhancing positive social connections, organisational resilience, and promoting healthy lifestyles
Workplace Wellness is an interactive training program (4-6 hours duration) for managers to enhance their resources for dealing with mental health problems and illness, and promote a mentally healthy workplace. It is designed as a workplace awareness, early intervention and prevention program.
By investing in workplace wellness you will increase your knowledge and understanding of what is a mentally healthy workplace and what you can do to support yourself, individuals and teams to alleviate or prevent mental health issues.
This training also makes good business sense – addressing mental health issues and improving employee engagement and team cohesiveness, results in reduced absenteeism and mental health claims, increased productivity, and improved corporate image in the longer term.
- Stress and mental health
- Mental illness defined: statistics, types and warning signs
- What is a mentally healthy workplace?
- Impact of mental illness on the workplace
- Supporting staff with mental health problems
- Employer and manager obligations (Occupational Health and Safety) to create a safe and healthy workplace for everyone
- Strategies to address mental illness in the workplace
- Communication: how to appropriately talk about mental illness in the workplace
- Positive supports and tips for managing stress at work
- Where to go for help
- Promoting resilience – how to take care and boost resources for yourself and other employees
- Enhance knowledge, raise awareness and decrease the stigma associated with mental health issues in the workplace
- Recognising signs of mental illness in employees and co-workers
- Have resources and strategies to promote a mentally healthy workplace
- Know where to go for help
- Have the tools to enhance resilience, acknowledge mental health issues and ways to support self and staff.
Workplace Wellness can be tailored to individual needs and business requirements. The program can also use case studies tailored to your workplace. We recommend a thorough assessment of your workplace training needs prior program delivery.
Please call EHC to find out more on 9584 5150.